NEWS, EVENTS, AND PUBLICATIONS
In the News
- “Framtiden är här” (Swedish), Ljuskultur, 05 October 2017. Åsa was interviewed on light, tech, China and biohacking.
- “Satsning på belysning ska ge nyfödda bättre vård” (Swedish), SVT, October 2017. The lighting for neonatal care project was featured in the public service news.
- “Testing Human Centric Lighting for Neonatal unit” (English). Study visit with Lighting Metropolis, August 2017.
“Hur mycket påverkas vi av ljus?” (Swedish), Moderna Kompetenser [podcast], June 2017. Åsa was interviewed on light, productivity, health and biohacking.
“De tar svenskar på pilgrimsfärd till Kinas mekka för hårdvarubolag” (Swedish), Breakit, February 2016.
- Workshop on design & manufacturing in China for Ide[a]ction participants. OpenLab, February 19, 2018.
- Final presentation with the whole project team for the new neonatal care unit at Helsingborg hospital, Marina Plaza Helsingborg, February 16, 2018.
- Embed Launch @Hobo Hotel. Åsa talked about light, light rituals and sleep hacks in hotel rooms and showcased Anna Tomschik’s design Henyx, February 10, 2018.
- "Light in Transformation", main talk by Åsa during Sthlmhw meetup at Things, November 14 2017.
- Open House at Light Lab, IKDC Lund to demo the prototype for the NICU (neonatal intensive care unit), October 19 2017.
- Panel discussion on new ways of working together in the lighting industry at Ljusdagen, September 2017. Read a summary in Swedish in Ljuskultur (Swedish lighting industry association publication) here.
- Åsa co-organised Stockholm hardware meetup 2016-2017 at Things, Stockholm.
- Åsa joined a panel to discuss modular consumer technology at MotoMods launch, September 2016.
- Åsa was a speaker at Swedish Biomakers Conference, March 2016.
- Åsa was the initiator and organiser of Makerresan—the first hardware startup delegation to Shenzhen, China and Hong Kong, March 7–11, 2016.
Articles on new technologies and trends:
- “Kan vi undvika Panoptikon?“, (Swedish), Ljuskultur, 03 May 2018.
- “Design för att bli avkopplad utan att bli nedkopplad”, (Swedish), Ljuskultur, 02 March 2018.
- “Ljusdesign: Experience design i en digital värld”, (Swedish), Ljuskultur, 01 January 2018.
- “En ny verklighet i fickan”, (Swedish), Ljuskultur, 06 December 2017.
- “En dator i varje ljuskälla”, (Swedish), Ljuskultur, 05 October 2017.
- “Can blue light make us better people?”, (English), Fagerhult The Innovator 8, 2016.
Lighting design for Helsingborgs Hospital Neonatal Care Unit.
- “Framtidens belysning på Helsingborgs Neonatalavdelning, Part 2” (Swedish), January 2018. We are proposing a new luminaire to help parents to relax with their newborns.
- “Framtidens belysning på Helsingborgs Neonatalavdelning, Part 1” (Swedish), October 2017. The concept, design process and solution.
“New light on willpower: Can blue light strengthen self-control?” (English), Stockholm University, 2015. Bachelor thesis in Psychology on the effects of blue light on human cognitive performance.
Report on opportunities for Swedish "Born Global" companies in Asia for Swedish Agency for Economic and Regional Growth:
- "Boost Asia—Trender, utmaningar, verktyg och projekt för att stärka Born Global företag i Asien" (Swedish), December 2017. Proposing to establish a Nordic Innovation House in Asia.